Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Syesha <> Whitney

Every year it's the same thing. Every year! One contestant decides "Hey, I'm hot shit, I'm going to sing that Whitney song that everyone knows only as 'That Whitney Song'" And guess what? It never works. Ever. I was sitting on the couch with Elyssa watching the show tonight, and along comes Syesha, singing to Dolly, dreaming of being Whitney. I tell Elyssa that guaranteed, one, if not all, of the judges are going to tell her she shouldn't have tried to sing a Whitney song. Let's take a look at the responses...

Randy: "Alright yo, check it out yo. You took on the biggest tiger of the night...it's still hard for me to hear anybody else sing that song."

Paula: "That color looks great on you."

Simon: "This is one of the best pop songs ever written, and I almost wish you hadn't got it in a strange way. The first part was ok, the second part paled in comparison to the Whitney version."

I think I've made my point. Good day.

No comments: